Collard Greens - 250 gms
Chana Dal/Split Bengal Gram/Split Chickpeas - 3 tbsp
Red Onion - 1 big
Garlic - 4 big cloves
Coriander/Cilantro Leaves - few sprigs
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/8 tsp
Chat Masala or Aamchur - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala or any other spice mix - 1/4 tsp
1. Soak Chana dal in water for about an hour.
2. Finely chop onions and cilantro. Crush the peeled garlic cloves. Chop washed collard greens medium or fine. Discard the tough mature stems of the greens.
3. Heat 1 - 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin, crushed garlic. Saute for a minute or two. Add onions and saute till onions turn soft. Now add soaked chana dal and a cup of water. Cook it covered for 15 - 20 minutes. (Alternately, soaked chana dal can be pressure cooked as well.) Add more water if required.
4. When chana dal is cooked well, add chopped collard greens. Cook it covered at low flame for about 5 minutes. The greens will start wilting.
5. Add salt, turmeric, chat masala, garam masala, cayenne pepper and chopped cilantro. Continue cooking till all the ingredients are mixed well and you get the desired consistency.
6. Serve Collard Greens Sabji with roti or rice.
a nice healthy side for roti..ReplyDelete
Very healthy and delicious dish..love with rice and roti..ReplyDelete
very nice..n healthy..ReplyDelete
simple n healthy greensReplyDelete
Very yummy and healthy dish..ReplyDelete
wow!!!!such a healthy dish!!!!!111111ReplyDelete
I had tagged u in my blog, would like you to take the ball around rolling.ReplyDelete
Healthy and yummy greens.ReplyDelete
Thats a very healthy one..ReplyDelete
very healthy and delicious dish..ReplyDelete
nice, healthy green sabzi. must be tasty.ReplyDelete