Baby Spinach Leaves/Palak - about 150 gm
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Gram Flour/Chickpea Flour/Besan - 1/2 cup
Ginger - an inch piece
Garlic - 5 big cloves
Green Chilies - 5
White Sesame Seeds/Til - 1 tbsp
Coriander Seeds/Dhania - 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1 tsp
Black Peppercorn - about 5
How to cook Indian Spinach Poori:
- Steam/Blanch the spinach leaves with about 2 tbsp water till they wilt. Let them cool.
- Grind the blanched spinach, green chilies, ginger, garlic, black peppercorn, coriander seeds, cumin seeds to a fine puree.
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, gram flour, salt and sesame seeds. Mix the dry ingredients. Now add the spinach puree and knead into a soft, firm dough. Add about 1 tsp oil and knead the dough again. Let the (covered) dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Make small lemon size balls of the dough and roll each one into round puris ( 5 - 6 inch diameter) either dusting some wheat flour or using oil. Alternately, you can use cookie cutter to cut out round puris.
- Deep fry these puris and serve Palak Puri with ketchup or a curry.
I have eaten those at somebody place with sweet chutney and dahi vadas!!ReplyDelete
Its awesome I will try ti..
the cutter is awesome too...
good job dear!
thts a mouthwatering platter...simply amazing n droooooooolworthy....ReplyDelete
looks so perfect....healthy too...ReplyDelete
colourful palak pooris with lots of health..ReplyDelete
very innovative dear..love d healthy color.ReplyDelete
Looks so nice and healthy..ReplyDelete
Amazing and healthy palak pooris...:)
Yumm, fluffy pooris makes me drool..ReplyDelete
You made me drool over ur puris, superb and tasty.ReplyDelete
Nice and different,looks deliciousReplyDelete
Looks wonderful..pretty color is so inviting.ReplyDelete
fluffy, green puris making me hungry. pass me some please!ReplyDelete